If you run into trouble with Ayrshare: Linking Facebook or Instagram, posting, connecting Twitter, mentions, or other questions.
If you're having issues linking your Facebook or Instagram accounts, a few potential issues might be the cause
Here are a few of the top issues. Please see the next sections for additional information.
- Recently created Facebook Pages, Facebook Group, or Instagram accounts often have trouble posting. You might get this error:
- Ayrshare could not be linked to Facebook. Maybe you're out of network connection or we couldn't establish a connection to our server. Check your connection and try again later.
- Facebook tries to prevent spam and new accounts are considered higher risk. We suggest only linking accounts that are at least 7 days old.
- Linking Instagram gives an error that it must be a Business Profile
Facebook is asking you to verify your account login again.
Open a new tab/window in your browser and go to facebook.com. Log out of Facebook and login once more. If you're asked to verify your account or a CAPTCHA question, please complete it.
Head back to the Ayrshare dashboard Social Accounts page, refresh your page, and try linking Facebook once more.
Note: Please be sure that a Facebook Page is linked with your Facebook account. This is required to link to Facebook and you will be asked to select the Page to link and post.
If you receive the error: "Could not link Ayrshare to Facebook. You may not be connected to the network or we could not establish a connection with our server. Check your connection and try again later."
Facebook Connection Issue
The cause might be you're using a newly created Facebook or Instagram account. Facebook states that "There is a 60-minute delay before new accounts can log in to any applications".
Please wait 60-minutes and try again. However, we've seen new Facebook accounts take 5-7 days be to allowed.
Please here for details:
You can verify if your Instagram account is a Business or Creator Account by going to your Instagram mobile app and clicking the three bars in the upper right corner. Select "Settings" and then "Account".
At the bottom of the screen there may be a link "Switch account type". If not, please see the link Instagram Linking above for instructions. Click "Switch account type" and you should see the following if it is a Business Account:
This account is Instagram Business
If you see the above image, your account is Business or Creator and no changes are needed. If you have the option to switch to a Business or Creator Account, please choose it.
If you don't see all your Facebook pages when linking:
- Verify you are the owner, admin, or manager of the missing pages.
- When authorizing check to make sure the Facebook page permission is granted:
Click Edit Settings
Check all checkboxes next to the pages and click Next and then Done.
If you receive an error when posting about Facebook permission issues or you don't see a Facebook Page listed it could be some access permissions were not granted.
Log into Facebook and go to the "Setting" -> "Settings & Privacy" -> "Security & Login" -> "Business Integration".
On the Business Integration page, click the Ayrshare App and choose "View and Edit".
Ayrshare App in Facebook Business Integrations
A pop-up will show. Scroll down to "Create and Manage Content on Your Page" and ensure that it is enabled. If you see a checkbox with "Pages" then check it to select all pages.
Allow access to all Facebook Pages
If you receive an error when posting about Instagram permission issues or that your account isn't linked, even though you linked your Facebook account, it could be some access permissions were not granted.
For example, if you receive the errors:
- Unsupported post request. Object with ID [id number] does not exist, cannot be loaded due to missing permissions, or does not support this operation. Please read the Graph API documentation
- There is an issue with your Instagram account type or permissions.
Take the following steps:
Make sure your Instagram is a Business account and it is connected to a Facebook Page.
- 1.Login to Facebook and navigate to your Facebook Page. Click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu on your screen.
- 2.Select "Instagram" and verify your Instagram account is linked or by click "Connect Account".
- 3.Unlink and re-link your Instagram account in the Ayrshare Dashboard under "Social Accounts".
Connect Instagram to Facebook
See here for more details:
If the issue is still persists, check your permissions granted to Ayrshare.
Login to Facebook and go to the "Setting" -> "Settings & Privacy" -> "Security & Login" -> "Business Integration".
On the Business Integration page, click the Ayrshare App.
Business Integrations Ayrshare App
A pop-up will show. Scroll down to "Upload media and create post for Instagram" and "Access profile and posts for Instagram". Check both the boxes "Instagram Accounts":
Upload Instagram Permissions
Access Instagram Profile Permissions
Head back to the Ayrshare Dashboard and unlink and relink Instagram. You should now have the correct permissions.
The social networks are very particular on the frequency of @mentions and who is mentioned. The Free Plan does not allow mentions and will not send your posts.
Paid plans allow mentions, but the same mention can not be used twice within a 3 day period.
A few things to check to verify you have all the required information to successfully post, or call any API endpoint.
If you receive an Instagram or Facebook error: "Unsupported request - method type: post" this could be due to a bug at Facebook. A possible fix is enabling the Facebook Off-Facebook Activity feature and then reconnect Ayrshare with Facebook.
The Off-Facebook permission allows other websites to publish on your or your users' behalf.
Please see the following steps to correct.
- 3.Verify off-facebook is toggled on. If off, please turn on. Otherwise, if on please toggle off and then back on.
- 5.When relinking, be sure all permissions are granted.
If copying an Unsplash URL to post in
media_urls, please be sure to copy the image address.
Click on the Unsplash image you want to copy, right click the image, and select "Copy Image Address".
Get the Unsplash Image URL
You can validate how the Twitter card will look by submitting your page link here:
If everything looks ok, but the preview is still not showing, please contact us for assistance.
The "Published by..." is not displayed to your Facebook Page visitors, only to administrators ("admin") of the Page.
In the Facebook admin view of a Page the source of the post is shown, for example "Published by Ayrshare". Facebook automatically adds this meta data in the admin view.
Please note: Facebook Group posts do show the source and will say "Ayrshare" in small lettering. This is automatically done by Facebook.
If you receive HTML as a response of "Bad Request" instead of JSON, it is possible the POST body parameter is not valid JSON.
For example, if you send this invalid JSON:
"post": "A "great" post"
A response of "Bad Request" will be returned. The code above has three issues: a missing comma on
post, the post text has a double set of " quotes without escaping, and a missing end quote on
platform. The valid JSON should be:
"post": "A \"great\" post",
You can test your JSON by POSTing to the following URL to validate your JSON. Be sure to set the Content-Type to
You may also use our
If you receive a 502 or 504 HTTP error with a "Bad Gateway" message, or timeout, and are trying to post a large media file and the call timed out. Please try sending the post as a scheduled post with a
scheduleDateinstead. See the /post endpoint for details.
You many also try using the
apiendpoint, which is in public preview, for longer timeouts:
For example, instead of
We recommend to use the
/postendpoint. Other endpoints such as
/analyticsshould still use
If you are trying to link YouTube on an Android or iOS device but receive an "Error: disallowed_useragent", it may be due to Google rejecting your login request. An old browser is often the cause for this unauthorized browser agent rejection.
You can try to address this issue by updating your app to the latest Android SDK, Android OS, and Chrome version.
Multiple language posting is not supported due to Facebook API limitations.
However, Facebook attempts to translate posts into the local language of the viewer. A user can turn on multi-language translations and even select the languages they don't want translated.
You can turn off automatic Facebook translations of posts by going to facebook.com:
- 1.Clickin the top right of Facebook.
- 2.Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- 3.Click Language and Region.
- 4.Click Edit of Languages you'd like to have posts translated into or Languages you don't want automatically translated.
- 5.Search for the languages you don't want to be automatically translated, then click to select the language.
- 6.Click Save Changes
Facebook Multiple Languages
Facebook/Instagram has rigorous security algorithms and if they flag a security event or suspicious activity on a user's account, Facebook may require re-authorization.
These security events usually occur outside of Ayrshare. For example, if the user changes on facebook.com their password or username in a region they are not generally located, Facebook may flag this account and require 3rd party links to be re-established.
- Logging into Facebook in a new region or browser.
- Logging into the same Facebook account from multiple browsers.
- Changing your Facebook password or username.
- Connecting numerous Facebook Pages under a single Facebook account and posting duplicate, similar, or frequent content across all the pages.
The next step is to have your user re-authorize Facebook/Instagram with Ayrshare.
Facebook suspends accounts or marks posts as violating their community standard when their security AI is triggered. The reasons are often unknown, but can occur when the user changes their password at Facebook, posts a message manually to their feed or Facebook Messenger, or the security AI sees suspicious activity on the Facebook account. Sometimes posts are flagged by Facebook even when the post is seemingly innocuous, but the security AI sees the post as spam or other users have flagged similar post.
Often these issues occur outside of a post that went though Ayrshare.
- 2.Have the user log into Facebook and check if Facebook asks them to take any actions or provide more information. If everything looks ok, the user can try relinking Facebook with Ayrshare and posting again.
If you encounter at facebook.com the message "We limit how often you can post, comment or do other things in a given amount of time in order to help protect the community from spam. You can try again later" this might mean you posted or liked too frequently, invited too many people to a Group or Page, messaged too frequently on Facebook Messenger, or Facebook made a mistake.