Frequently asked questions about Ayrshare. Find details on using the API, signing up, and the Business Plan.
Take a look at this quick video on how Ayrshare integrates with your platform and can power your social media via an API.
We support Facebook, Facebook Groups, Google Business Profile, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, Telegram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube for text, image, and video posting.
The Basic plan is free and includes 20 posts a month. If you are looking for more, consider the Premium or Business plan with unlimited posts a month, mentions, video posts, and more. See our pricing guide.
There are dozens of great products out there like Buffer, Hootsuite, etc. that help you manually manage and post to your social media accounts via a GUI. However, only Ayrshare is focused on a developer API-first solution. The Ayrshare API gives you the power to programmatically post or schedule content, get analytics, or create comments directly from your platform or website.
Ayrshare offers a Business Plan to fit your multiple clients needs for companies, agencies, or platforms. Via the API or desktop interface you can create user accounts and post on your users' behalf. We also offer single sign on and white labeling for your brand.
For more information:
The key Ayrshare API features are:
Manage all your users’ social accounts right from your product. Post, Auto Schedule, and Analytics with the Business Plan via the API or the Ayrshare Dashboard. Learn more.
Create a post with text, images, or videos and send it immediately or schedule it for a future date or time. Learn more.
Simply send the post ID to the delete endpoint to delete your post from all of your social media networks. Learn more.
Get history and status of the posts you sent via Ayrshare, with detailed metadata for each post. Learn more.
Upload your image or videos directly to Ayrshare and get a URL to post with. No need for a separate image/video hosting service. Learn more.
Submit a URL and get a short URL to save characters in your posts. No need to pay for a separate link shortening service. Learn more.
Retrieve, post, and manage comments on a post. Never miss an opportunity to increase engagement. Learn more.
Automatically add hashtags to your posts based on the most relevant key words. Takes into account real-time hashtag popularity. Learn more.
Get advanced analytics for your users and post links including likes, retweets, and clicks. Learn more.
Save your team's time by connecting with one of the Ayrshare integrations, such as Notion, Airtable, Make, and Bubble. Learn more.
We take security very seriously. You have full control over the connection between Ayrshare and your social media accounts.
All the data you upload to Ayrshare is securely stored on the secure-by-design global cloud infrastructure.
- All stored data is encrypted in transit and at rest. Every object's data and metadata is encrypted under the Advanced Encryption Standard, and each encryption key is itself encrypted with a regularly rotated set of master keys.
- Authentication is handled by Google with top-level security. Even we can't access your passwords.
- When you delete a social network linkage we delete all information about that network. This means to restore the link you need to re-authorize the network.
- All payment information is handled by Stripe, who are fully PCI compliant.
We also maintain controls to restrict our employees’ access to the your data.
The Google Cloud handles all data storage:
- Google uses several layers of encryption to protect customer data at rest in Google Cloud products.
- Google Cloud encrypts all customer content stored at rest, without any action required from the customer, using one or more encryption mechanisms.
- Data for storage is split into chunks, and each chunk is encrypted with a unique data encryption key. These data encryption keys are stored with the data, encrypted with ("wrapped" by) key encryption keys that are exclusively stored and used inside Google's central Key Management Service. Google's Key Management Service is redundant and globally distributed.
- All data stored in Google Cloud is encrypted at the storage level using AES256, with the exception of a small number of Persistent Disks created before 2015 that use AES128.
- Google uses a common cryptographic library, Tink, which incorporates our FIPS 140-2 Level 1 validated module, BoringCrypto, to implement encryption consistently across almost all Google Cloud products. Consistent use of a common library means that only a small team of cryptographers needs to implement and maintain this tightly controlled and reviewed code.
Ayrshare has a verification system that analyzes your posts for compliance with the social networks' guidelines. If there is an issue we''ll let you know before sending the post. This helps prevent your social account from being locked or shadow banned.
See here more for information:
If you want to line breaks, new lines, in a post, use the invisible line break
This is a new\u2063\nline
Depending on the coding language, you might need to escape the new line as
URLs in the post body of the /post endpoint are automatically shortened and can be disabled with
We don't impose limits on posting beyond the social networks' requirements. For example, LinkedIn limits 150 posts per day.
We strongly recommend limiting daily posts to maximize views and engagement. Please see our recommended posting limits.
All posts are subject to Ayrshare's fair use policy to prevent abuse of the social networks' services.
Each user (also known as a user profile) in Ayrshare has one set of social accounts, e.g. one connection to each of our 10 available social networks. For example, a user can have one Facebook Page and Group, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Google My Business, Telegram, and Reddit connection for a total of 10 connections. A Premium account is considered one user.
If you need multiple sets of social accounts, please contact us about the Premium Plus plan. Or if you have multiple users, please contact us about the Business Plan.
The social networks don't always allow everything via their API as they do within their own native app. For example, directly publishing Instagram stories are not yet supported by the Instagram API (Reels are). However, the social networks are continually enhancing their offerings as is Ayrshare.
There have been many studies done on the question does using a 3rd party platform such as Ayrshare affect post views or engagement? The conclusion is using an API to post does not affect views or engagement.
What factor make a difference:
- Content: Engaging content, especially videos, are vital for views and virility. This is the most important factor.
Ayrshare is pronounced as in "Air Share". Sharing over the social air!
We have a generous free tier of 25 posts a month so you can try out the API and see if it is right for you business. If you want more posts or functionality, check out our other plans or our business plan if you have multiple users.
If you have a paid plan, log into the Ayrshare dashboard and click your Profile icon in the upper right corner. Choose Account Info to see your account history, change credit cards, or to cancel your paid plan.
Please note, Business Plans and Premium Plus Plans are charged at the end of your current billing cycle, so you will see a final charge after cancelling.
If you want to delete your account, please email us from the email you registered.
If you have a paid account, please go to the dashboard, switch to you Primary profile if you have a business plan, click your profile icon in the upper right corner, and select "Account Info".