What's New at Ayrshare 🎉
See what's new at Ayrshare. Check out our changelog for great new features.
- Instagram Stories. Instagram just made available the publishing of Instagram Stories - something we have all been waiting a long time for. You can now post Instagram Stories via the Ayrshare API with an image and video. Stories disappear after 24 hours.
- YouTube Analytics. YouTube Live Broadcasts data was added the analytics. When you have a live broadcast either current on-going or completed, you can retrieve data such as the start and end times, number of current viewers, and current status.
- Video Transcription. The new /generate/transcription endpoint can provide a transcription of a video file. This transcription can then be used in the /generate/post to quickly create a social media summary of the video.
- Twitter Polls. You can now create a Twitter poll by specifying the answer choices and the duration. Also, analytics have been updated to return poll data such as the results.
- TikTok Direct Publishing. Ayrshare now offers direct publishing of TikTok videos. There is no longer a requirement to approve the video in the mobile app.
- TikTok Comments. TikTok has been added as one of the social networks where you can get, add, and delete comments.
- TiKTok Demographics. Get demographic data for a user’s TikTok account including audience country and gender analytics.
- Hashtag Suggestions. New endpoint to get recommended hashtags based on a keyword. The suggestions are ranked by view count and sourced from TikTok.
- Validation. Two new endpoints to help you validate your content. One which will pre-validate a post before publishing, and the other will verify your JSON formatting.
- AI Content Generation. There are two new Generate endpoints. One allows you to create text based on the text you send, and the other will rewrite your post and give you several options to use. Powered by OpenAI ChatGPT with GPT-4.
- Instagram Creator Accounts. Ayrshare has added support for Instagram Creator Accounts. You can get analytics for these accounts, but you can not post via the API.
- Comment Management.
- The limit of how many comments you can get for a post has been increased to 500.
- Ayrshare Flutter Package. The initial release of the official Ayrshare Flutter package was released on pub.dev. It’s now easier to integrate Ayshare into your iOS and Android apps.
- Easier Testing. Send random post text, comment text, and images for testing on the social networks. Remember that even your test posts have to adhere to the guidelines of the social networks.
- LinkedIn Major Update:
- Linkedin post analytics were enhanced to include reactions such as “insightful” or “love” on a post, the count of video views, and now supports Personal Page posts.
- Idempotent Posts. Idempotency allows you to safely retry posts without accidentally performing the same operation twice.
- YouTube Playlists Analytics. Get analytics on your playlists including average view duration, minutes watched, views, playlist starts, and more.
- Ayrlink. The Ayrlink link in bio now automatically adds a default image and your connected social accounts when you create a new page for a user.
- TikTok Webhook. When the user publishes the video in the TikTok mobile app, a "scheduled" webhook will be sent with the subAction: "tikTokPublished".
- Notion Integration. The new Notion integration allows you to post to your social accounts directly from a Notion table.
- Ayrshare System Status. In addition to following @ayrshare on Twitter, you can get status updates via email.
- Post Analytics. Post Analytics now automatically returns analytics on all the social networks where the post was sent. Previously you needed to specify the list of social networks in the
- LinkedIn Analytics. New analytics data points added to LinkedIn Social Analytics endpoint:
- Facebook Video. Facebook video uploads are much faster 🏃. You should see a decrease in the API call time.
- Single Sign On Take Base64. The generateJWT endpoint now accepts the private.key as a Base64 string. This makes it easier to manage the keys including the complexity of newline characters.
- LinkedIn Get All Posts History. The /history get all posts endpoint now retrieves LinkedIn posts and analytics, even for posts that didn't originate from Ayrshare.
- Ayrlink. Create a customized Ayrlink personal bio page using the leading social media API. Share products, websites, content, and more on Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok.
- Google Business Profile Analytics. Get analytics data like views and action counts for Google Business Profile. Formerly known as Google My Business.
- Facebook Analytics. The count for the number of times your Facebook post was shared is now available on the analytics endpoint. The Facebook reactions count has been extended to include the past two years of data.
- Pinterest. Add alternative text, also known as alt text, to a Pinterest image or video. Pinterest alt text is an accessibility feature used for additional user info and screen readers.
- Google Business Profile. Formerly known as Google My Business. You can specify a product category for an image or video so the media is categorized in the "Photos" section of the GMB console. For example, if an image has the category "product", it will appear under the "Product" tab in Photos.
- YouTube Posting. The YouTube endpoint now supports notifying your subscribers and setting a publish at time.
- Dashboard Improvements. The Ayrshare web dashboard was updated with an updated design with some new icons and colors. You can also reset your API or Profile Key in the Dashboard.
- Image Generation API Beta. The Ayrshare social image generation API lets you specify visual elements to create infinite variations of graphics that you can use with the social media platforms. Powerful and easy to use.
What's New Social API Podcast in October 2022
- Facebook Reels. You can now post videos as Facebook Reels. Reels are short video that are 3-60 seconds long with a 9x16 aspect ratio.
- Twitter History. The platform history endpoint has been enhanced for Twitter. The response now includes links to the published videos and photos.
- Instagram Reels. Get analytics data on Instagram Reels including comment count, like count, play count, and more.
- Alternative Emails for Ayrshare Alerts. Choose different email addresses to deliver alerts, such as unlinked accounts.
What's New Social API Podcast in September 2022
- Facebook Page Analytics. The post analytics endpoint was enhanced with Facebook Page like and comment counts and the original post URL.
- YouTube Analytics. The YouTube channel analytics has been enhanced with additional metrics including estimated minutes watched and thumbnail URL.
- YouTube Post History. Get the history data of any YouTube post, even those not sent via Ayrshare, by the platform social ID:
- Webhook Tools in the Dashboard: In the Ayrshare dashboard, you can see all your registered webhooks, all the actions sent, and even replay the webhook. Learn more about webhooks.
- Twitter Analytics Enhanced: The Twitter analytics data set now includes verified account, number of likes, number of lists added, and banner url.
- Enhanced Facebook Social Analytics: Get additional analytics and demographics data on Facebook Pages.
- Instagram Reels: Post an Instagram Reel via the API. Reels are like TikTok videos where you can share a 60-second video and do some cool creative additions, such as stitch together and edit video clips, add music, apply filters, write captions, insert interactive backgrounds, and add stickers.
- Approval Workflows: You may need an approval workflow to separate the content creator and the content approver. This is common practice to avoid mistakes, maintain consistency, and adhere to regulatory or compliance requirements in some industries. The Ayrshare API now natively supports an approval state for each post.
- Twitter Threads Images: Twitter Threads now accepts multiple images per Tweet in the Thread. You can also specify that specific Tweets in the Thread will not have an image.
- Instagram Location Tag: Add an Instagram locations tag with the Facebook Page Name. You can also still use a Facebook Page ID in place of the Page Name.
- Reactivate User Profiles: Business and Enterprise Plan admins can reactivate suspended user profiles in the dashboard.
- Facebook @mentions: Now you can @mention another page with the page name directly. Previously the endpoint needed the page ID, and now you can use the page name, such as @Ayrshare.
- Improved Brand Data: The /brand endpoint now supports Facebook. Send a Facebook page name to look up a user’s or company's social media public information, such as followers, profiles image, and websites. These users and companies do not need to be a linked Ayrshare user.
- Help Docs: Use your own help docs as the link on the Social Accounts page on the Business Plan. Your users can now link to your own support pages.
- New /post Endpoints: The /post endpoints were enhanced to allow GET to retrieve an individual post and the ability to update the schedule date of a post.
- Alt Text: Add alt text to Twitter images and Facebook images and videos. Alt text is an accessibility feature used for additional user info and screen readers.
- Twitter Thread Analytics: Analytics now supports Twitter Threads. If your Twitter post ID was sent as a thread, you will see an array of analytics data for all of the posts in the thread.
- Web Dashboard Improved: The Ayrshare web dashboard has been upgraded and now is faster, more responsive, and with several UI improvements. And you can now post Twitter Threads, a.k.a TweetStorms, via the dashboard.
- New Analytics Data: New analytics data points available. Access demographics data for Instagram and Facebook accounts. Access country, city, age distribution, and language reach. In addition, Instagram analytics now provides the total like and comment count.
- Test Unique Content: As part of your testing, always use unique content when sending to a social network. Now the randomPost parameter of the /post endpoint will generate a random quote.
- Post Instagram carousels with images. You can now post up to 10 images in an Instagram carousel. Learn more.
- Use your own link shortener, such as Bit.ly. This allows you to use a custom domain in place of the Ayrshare short URL when shortening the link. Learn more.
- The history endpoint for Instagram and TikTok was enhanced. Now the /history endpoint returns the video thumbnail image for Instagram and the username for TikTok. Learn more.
- There is an upcoming API change to the /history endpoint. By default it will return the most recent 20 records. You can specify the “count” parameter to retrieve up to 500 records.
- Enhancements to the Google My Business capabilities now allow for “What’s New” posts that can include Call to Actions, such as Learn More buttons, images, and text. Learn More.
- Automatically create a Twitter Thread aka Tweetstorm. Send your text of any length and Ayrshare will break it up into appropriately sized Tweets with numbering. Learn More.
- Get your whole development team using Ayrshare with their own logins. You can now add team members in the Ayrshare dashboard. Just go to User Profile and when creating a new profile check the create as team member box.
- If Twitter has approved your account for longer videos, you can now post videos up to 10 minutes in length. Learn more.
- TikTok profile analytics summaries are available.See average video duration plus like, views, and share totals across all TikTok shares. Learn more.
- Get all TikTok post history and analytics. Even posts and shares created outside of Ayrshare. Learn more.
- Pinterest post analytics now available. See impressions, saves, pin clicks, and other useful data points. Learn more.
- Post YouTube Shorts via the API. Shorts are videos up to 60 seconds long and have new discovery placement within the YouTube apps. Learn more.